Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Reunited and it feels so good

As many of you may or may not know, the days of RV adventuring have ceased. Granted Gatita and I are still adventuring and moving every few months, I sadly had to sell big Bessy and all of her artistic flare to someone who was much more mechanically savvy than myself. Bittersweet to say the least.

After parking and living in the little toaster that could for a grand total of 8 months, I finally decided it was time to get some stable walls, a shower and an address. I found a "perfect" black and white tiled house with a driveway for her. But after 6 months, it was time to go again, and finding a driveway for an RV in San Diego is like finding a someone with all of their teeth in West Virginia. They exist, but very few and far between...

Having started massage therapy school in September of last year, I have become a much more grounded and centered person. This can only mean one thing...I'm sprouting roots and settling! WHHAAAT????!!! IPSB has been my happy place, and my home away from home for almost a full year now. I have learned so much about myself, others, the body, the mind, massage, philosophy, psychology and healing theories that I can no longer remain silent about it. I want to shout it from the rooftops!! Or...you know...here, through a blog ;)

I have now completed 350 hours out of 500 and will very soon be a certified massage therapist. Its been an amazing journey and one that has no end in sight for me. I will be attending school for massage until I achieve my Holistic Healthcare Practitioner license and probably longer. I am now starting to feel confident with my touch and other people's bodies. Learning how to listen to people's bodies has been the most rewarding thing I've learned. Just think about all those people who walk around disconnected from their bodies....stuck in their heads, thinking and obsessing over their waistline rather than living authentically and being healthy humans.

I am ready to bring this awareness to the masses and would love your help! After doing research on starting my own business and marketing projects, I quickly realized that I am not a business wiz at all. Computers, paperwork and statistic analysis make Masha a dull discouraged damsel in distress. I'd rather be doing the bodywork and healing through touch. That is why I'm reaching out to all of you marketing masterminds, tech gurus and business nerds to help me think of a catchy title, logo, color schemes, branding and or any advertising ideas you might have. I have started this new blogspot to keep you posted on my progression. Who knows maybe it will help others who are trying to go into business for themselves. Not to mention practice bodies :) I need to practice, you need a massage...its a win win. I look forward to any ideas you guys have. Can't wait to get this magical massage work going! I've wanted to do this for over 7 years! Its finally happening and I couldn't be more grateful for all of the support. Cheers!!

1 comment:

  1. GREAT WORDS FROM YOUR SOUL AND PASSION.
    I WISH YOU THE BEST IN YOUR JOURNEY, I KNOW YOU YOU WILL MAKE A GRATE BODY WORKER.

    ReplyDelete